background

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Vacation day 3...

I know, I know. I am totally slacking on getting these posts up. Its been over a month. So goal now is to get them all up in the next 24 hrs.

On the 3rd day of vacation, Wednesday, we got up after sleeping in a bit, after all we did not go to sleep till after midnight the night before and drove all day the day before. We ate our breakfast and it was off to our adventures of the day. First stop, Mystery Spot.

I have never been there. We found it after driving a bit. Thought it would be a great idea to go there sense boo and I both have never been, but Mel had once. And besides, Tony told us we should go. Once there and finding parking (which is silly how they have all that set up!), we find out that it would be at least a 2 hour wait for our tour. So we said forget it. But I did manage to get 2 cool flower shots!

in case you cannot tell, this flower hangs upside down.
I think Mel has these same flowers in her yard. but they are pretty still.


Second stop, Mission Santa Cruz.

See I have a thing about Missions. They are old. Most are pretty. There is history there. 'Nuf said. Sadly for me, this Mission is nothing in compared to Carmel's. Oy, I found out that Carmel's is the prettiest one out there and that was the FIRST one I have been to. So I'm set for the rest not to match up now. But here is the Mission anyways.

Mission Santa Cruz
Our next stop was Natural Bridges. I saw only one there...

Natural Bridges

We decided that it was time to stop for lunch. We picked the Surfer Museum to stop at for that. Pretty spot, and you can see places where you use to be able to walk out further on the rocks, but is now no longer safe to do so. I sat there and wonder how it would have looked 50 or 100 years ago... so different, yet so pretty still.

Santa Cruz Surfer Museum
Seals outside of the Surfer Museum
Our next destination was Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History. That place was really cool and I highly recommend for anyone to go there. They had a small tide pool in there with starfish and other sea life. Alexandria had a lot of fun with that.

Tide pool in the Museum
They had real, live beehive in there (of which I stayed FAR away from). Some of the wildlife that is found in the area, stuffed. Then before I knew it I was standing in front of a real snake. In a cage. A. Snake. Oh. My. Goodness! It took all I had in me not to scream. Lord knows, I would have never willing went anywhere near that area if I knew it was there.

Boo did get to pet a big sea turtle and sat on a big whale.


After that we went back to the Boardwalk and explored the wharf. We saw some sea life up close and personal like.


And so that ends day 3 of vacation. Stay tuned to day 4...

xoxo, T

No comments: