background

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sea Change

I just finished reading this book called "Sea Change" by Jeremy Page. It was an interesting book upon first opening it. Jeremy caught my attention within the first chapter, however it was lost about chapter 3. You meet the main character, Guy from page one. The view point is his along the whole story, or should I say stories? Where the author Jeremy lost me. I felt about half way thru the book that I was terribly lost and reading multiple stories. Towards the end of the book, I started to get a clue that one part of the book was actually a story written by Guy, as he is trying to pave a new way in his life. 

This story is about love, its about loss of those who you love dearly. And in the end…it about love that you have found again, when you think all love is gone. Its about hopelessness and hope. Life that can be lost and yet found. This is not a easy read, or a quick one by any means. I normally pick up a story and don’t put it down. This was one of the ones that could hit quite close to home, and could take a while to read. Jeremy is a good writer, and you can follow along quite well. I just wish it was a little bit easier to read or at least more clear as to the direction he was going in. I do recommend this book, with caution, if you have lost some one dear to you recently, wait a bit before picking up this book to read.

This was a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own.

xoxo, T

No comments: