background

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cookies

With Christmas upon us... I have been baking. The kids have parties to go to, and snacks to bring. Money is still tight so cookies are gifts this year to my family/friends. Most people that know me, know its a treat.

Hard to belive it but my son will be 14 this Sunday. VERY hard for me to believe that its been 14 years sense I was a teen mom. I know I ahve grown and changed a whole lot sense then, but now that its been so long, it seams forever ago, yet just yesterday. I think about him being 14 and I remember what my life was like back when I was 14. I had just moved back with my mother after living with my grandmother for most of my life. I went from a very rigid life style with no freedom to ultimate freedom. What was a teen to do? Well I partied it up a bit... and ended up getting pg with my son by the time I was nearly 16 years old.

Fast forward to today... My son is in that age. Scary thought! Grant it he has had a whole lot more stable life style than I have EVER had. Still has not had the best, but a lot more stable than mine. I have spent a lot of time in the last few weeks thinking back to that time. The time where I was a teen. How I felt, delt with things. So much to grow from still.

xoxo, T

No comments: