background

Sunday, October 11, 2009

achiveing a Life long dream...at what cost?

Yes at what cost would you take to achive a life long dream? For me, just about anything is on the table. See, a friends son is going to 3 countries that I have always wanted to go. And if i can come up with the $ then i can go too. So I need to come up with $3,000. That takes care of air fare, hotel, transportation and meals. If I do, i will be able to go to Ireland, England and France. To the cities of Dublin, London and PARIS!!!! Oh my Lord! I have wanted to go my entire LIFE to those countries. I have never figured out HOW to get there but I was going to go. Well now i got it figured out. Just need to raise the funds in about 6 months. How to do that is the question of the night.

On top of that, I will need to pay for a passport. that is $100 right there. Also need to get a camera, which i just priced at $600. Also need to figure out what to do with my kids. Austin will be gone at camp for the first 3 days of the trip. Alexandria has no place she has to be. So need to figure something for them out.

But really, would you think of turning down a life long dream just because there is a few obsticals? In this is where I think of the book/speech "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. In it he said "The brick walls are there for a reason. They're not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something." I agree. The brick walls of money and someplace for the kids to go are there to show me how badly I want to go. How badly do I really want to achive this dream?

And a bit of an update on changes. My boyfriend and I broke up. Oh well to that. I have moved on and am very happy. Hanging out with new friends. Have been invited to a few parties for Halloween night and a birthday party to go to soon! Like having new friends. I like what i'm doing with my life. Now to get more hours at work or another job that is NOT a night shift job and I can be working out great!!!

that is all for now....

xoxo, T

No comments: