background

Monday, June 7, 2010

Back to my roots...

Ever have a moment or two where you reflect on your life as it is now, and look back where you have came from? Then you wonder how some of the really great stuff from where you came from is not where your at now? Yeah its one of those nights.

I'm up blogging instead of sleeping. Too many thoughts in my head. A lot of it has just got to come out! The last few days I was able to do some stuff I truly love doing. And its made me take a HARD look at my life and the direction its going. I have been doing a good job in where I have made changes, and need to make more. Some of the changes have been drastic but some not enough. I need to be more true to me and less people pleasing.

One of those changes is going back to some of my good roots. I have always said I love country music, and left it at that. But the truth is I'm a country gal. As a good friend said today "Your such a cowgirl". Damn right, and damn proud of that. Spent all day Saturday baking in the lovely California sunshine at a Country Music concert. Going to that made me realise how much I do miss being truly me. The cowgirl boots wearing, hat and dancing the day/night away girl. I miss the bonfires, drinking, dancing, and having a great time. I miss being out there, the out doors. Where you can look up and see the stars out. So time to go back to that. Time to quit hiding from it all, and feel like I cant be that girl when deep down, that is who I truly am.

You know the post I did not too long ago about List and dating? Yeah my list of a guy to date... Country Cowboy. A real one, not these fake guys pretending to be country boys. Know the music and rock it. Have the look (yes tight wranglers do NOT make you look gay, they are HOT! as are cowboy boots and hat!). Work with your hands, and don't apologize for it. Drink your beer, wine or other. Be real.

Just a bit from my past that is coming back to my future. Much needed cuz one needs to be themselves, be the real you, and no someones version of you.

xoxo, T

No comments: