background

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Summer Vacation 2011

Wow, as of Friday the 27, I now have 2 kids on summer vacation. And I now have a Sophomore in high school and a 6th grader. My how times do go by so fast. Summer time means warm temps...or at least that is how I take it. Right now we have about 70 degrees here in Cali. When normal temps are in the upper 80s to kissing 90's. I would like the normal temps please!

Summer vacation for the kids will be a long one this year in my opinion. Boo is only gone for a couple days with church camp. While Austin will not be leaving at all. I think he should go to Scout camp again this summer and at the rate things are going he will be going if he likes it or NOT. Raising a teenage boy is beyond frustrating.

My part of summer means I will be in Tx soon and spending 5 whole days with my best friend and my two young buddies. I am so looking forward to the time away from work (both jobs) and time away from kids and family. I'm hoping to come back with some new perspective on life here. And where I would like to head the rest of my future. And beyond that I  would like to take a couple of days here and there to go hiking and bike rides. I am praying it does heat up soon here because I should be in the pool swimming by now.

But for now...I get to spend the next few weeks working non-stop. I have VBS at my church I work for and I am so not ready for it. Or that is what I keep telling myself! Its just over a week away. The week following VBS is when I get to go to Tx. Whew... not much time left and I'm super excited to be heading out!!!!

So what is everyone else summer hold for them?

xoxo, T

No comments: