background

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday... just a sorta normal fall day

It started with rain. Not a lot. Yet enough to see the dirt on my white car. It needs a bath. With bubbles.

Next was not wanting to get out of the bed. It was warm. Outside was wet and cool. I wanted to stay in bed. But we had other plans. See there is less than 2 weeks till the end of Boy Scout Popcorn sale. And we had a sell this am. So I had to get up and go.

We went. Sold some popcorn, but not enough. Not nearly enough.

I get that the economy is bad and people dont have money. Everything is tight everywhere. But we have to sell. Because if we dont sale, we still have to pay for the popcorn. And we (troop) just do not have that kind of money. And I'm already tired of selling. I'm tired of the boys not having a good attitude about it. I'm tired of parent thinking that they have every right to do what ever they please.

Just tired.

So the popcorn has to be sold and now. So we keep on selling.

Upside is that I'll be starting work in just over a week. I am just so very happy about that. I get to work with kids, which I love. I get to have a "fun" job for once. And I am due.

Now I had best get to sleep... as there is church tomorrow and another full day.

xoxo, T

No comments: