background

Monday, July 20, 2009

Whew! Crazy couple of weeks

Hard to believe that the kids will be back in school in just over a week. But here it is. End of summer vacation! :( <--- That face is for them. I'm the one wearing the big smile!!! lol I love my kids, but being with them 24/7 gets old fast.

Austin is currently up in the moutains at his last week long camp of the summer. I drove him up there today (about a 3.5-4 hour drive one way). It was great to get outta the valley. He got up there and was ready for me to leave right away. The joy's of a 13 year old boy. Enjoying his freedom while he can! haha! I should mention just yesterday he came home from another week long camp. This is summer for him. Gone most of it camping with Boy Scouts. Make it some what nicer here, with him gone, because there is less fighting!

Alexandria has had a busy summer too. June, she was gone for 4 days at her camp with our church. Then this past week, spent 4 days with my dear friend while *I* went on a much needed vacation! Alexandria learned how to fully swim under the water!!! Of course she does that when i'm not around and nobody took any pictures! :( Oh well, its going to be in the low 100's here all this week and there is a lovely pool where i live. I'll be sure we get some pool time in!

Like I said above, I got a much needed vacation! Boy did I not want to come home. Spent 1 day up at Silver Lake by Kit Carson, Ca. And the next day spent it in Carmel and driving down the coast on hwy 1. Did I mention the fact I love the ocean? haha. I think my boyfriend thought he would not get me away from there at one or 2 dozen points. I know I could have stay at any of the beaches all night long and would have been just dandy with me. Much needed vacation for sure.

So its just about time to get back into the usual routines. I will have, in the next week, a 8th grader and a 4th grader. Scary as it seams, they are that old already. We go back to school and full swing with Scouts, Church, Dance and all the rest. And hopfully, by the end of this week, a new job for me! Details to come on that when they are avaiable! :)

Hope your summer is going great!

xoxo, T

No comments: