background

Thursday, April 15, 2010

My tattoos...

I watch LA Ink a lot. When the people that come on to get a tattoo, they tell the story as to why they got that tattoo. Which made me think back to my 3 tattoo's. They really did not have too much of a story as to why, but I know I did not share with the two people that gave me my tattoo's too much as to the reason behind them. I thought it would be interesting to share them here...sense I am thinking about my 4th and 5th one.

Tattoo number one. Its smoke, moon and stars. I have a thing about the moon and stars. At the time I was working night shift. So part of it was because of that fact. But it was mostly because I love looking at the moon and the stars. It reminds me how big the world is and how little my part is in it. It also is just breathtaking most nights. I also got the tattoo because everyone in my family was telling me I could not get one...which is a big mistake by all means. I also made a small discovery that night when I had it done...it gets rid of stress and anger. Here is the first one (my daughter took the pictures):


My second tattoo is a symblo that I was told means strenght. Its in the "tramp stamp" area, but I really dont care. I put it on my back to remind me to be strong. At that time in my life I was going thru a lot of things with my family and I needed that reminder that I'm stronger than them and their issues. Not much of a story to go with it. Here it is:


My last tattoo is my most recent one and my first color one at that. I have always wanted a rose tattoo on my foot/ankle area. It took my boyfriend at the time to piss me off to get it done. I love red roses. I have my whole life. So why not have one on me that I can look at all the time? Made sense to me. Last tattoo:


so that is all of them. My next two that I want is a heart with something (havent figured that out yet) on the inside of my left upper arm. And the other is tink, but not sure where she will be going yet. Tattoo's are very addicting, which sucks because I really did not want to many, but too late now. Anyone of my readers have a tattoo? And a story to share? Leave a comment below...

xoxo, T

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got my first at 18 and it is just a purple flower on my bikini line. No story but I wanted something that was easy to hide.

My 2nd is tramp stamp also but even lower so you only see it when I am naked. It is an abstract butterfly. I am not real fond of it now and my have it reshaped a bit. But damn that one hurt since it is on myy tailbone.

I am getting my 3rd next week! Jim does not want me to get it as it will be my first visable one. I want it on my wrist by may go with the inside of my left foot. I am going to get my kids birthdays in Roman numerals. I was looking for a quote or something but could not decide so went with my first choice and it will be in black.

Theresa said...

I just saw one done on someone's wrist tonight on tv. it looked cool to me. My Moon and Stars tattoo i want to color it. When i looked at the picture of it tonight, i was surprised on how faded it looked. I would have never thought i'd like color tattoos but i do now.

Eva M. said...

I love hearing stories about peeps' tattoos. But getting one 'just because I wanted it' is certainly acceptable, too.

You've motivated me to write a post about my tattoos and their stories.

:)