background

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Birthdays and Spa days...

Wowie... its that time of year again. My birthday. But I'll get to that in a few minutes. First I wanted to talk about my spa day today. I went to this place called Planet Beach. Never been there before and have always wanted to check it out. At my sons Spaghetti Dinner, I was given the 2 week pass to there. Today was my first appointment. I LIKED it. So I'm determined to try everything while I'm there. Today we did the chair massage, and i had them set it for deep tissue with a facial at the same time. Oh my, it worked. I started to feel better about 1/2 thur it. Not a huge fan of the facial because the light is uber bright, but I dealt with that. The chair worked from your feet to the head...ohhh it felt good. I knew I was very tense. 20 minutes on the chair and with the faical. Oh and did I menton that I got to listen to music of my choice the whole time? Yep I did. Talk about relaxing you beyond the point of walking.

From there we went to the aqua bed. Its a bed/table thing you lay on, and it has heated water on your backside. You dont get wet at all cuz there is stuff between you and the water. I got 20 minutes on that. I was able to set the settings on what I wanted and put on a deep sea diving video with music and zoned out. Once the 20 minutes was up, I did not want to get up. Wowie...it felt so good, I could have SLEPT there. But up I got and went on to the last bit.

Tanning. In a taning bed. Something I had NEVER done before. And really was not ready to do today. But I did it. And I did it nekked...shocking I know. See that is something I would have never done. Was raised that showing skin like that is BAD, really bad. So tanning nekked was a thing I would have never done before. Not any more!!! I like the idea of NO tan lines and I was not in the least bit uncomfortable AND I was not killed for it. heehee. Oh and I had to buy lotion for taning...and it smells good!!! So two whole weeks of this and I'll be feeling great. I'll be very sad to see it go, as it is totally something I would do all the time, if I had that kind of money. But I dont, so I'll enjoy this two weeks for all its worth.

Back to my birthday. Tomorrow (or in 15 minutes as I type this) is the day. I'll be 31. What am I doing for the day seams to be the question. Here is the answer. NOTHING. I have an appointment at Planet Beach for more spa stuff and then I'm home for the rest of the day. I expect nothing from anyone. I tried the birthday thing last year, and it failed horrably. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to spend my birthday in Napa taking pictures, or do a murder mystery party for my birthday. Those are the 2 things I'd love to do. But I'll be doing nothing the whole day.

Now time for me to get some sleep. My son has to be up at 6 am to leave at 630 to do flags at a special breakfast. Which means I have to be up at 6am to make sure he is too.

xoxo, T

1 comment:

Tracie said...

The spa sounds awesome! Enjoy your two weeks there T!