background

Friday, July 11, 2008

Smoke filled week

This week has been interesting. With all the fires that have been going on for a few weeks now, the valley where we live is filled with smoke. Its got to the point where everyone is told to stay indoors. Well that is a bit hard for our little family to do, when its 100+ here and we have no working air condioning.

Austin, today, is packing for camp (he leaves on Sunday) and is cleaning up on stuff around the house. Alexandria is working on re-picking up her room. We may be leaving when Austin is gone, for a short vacation with a friend of mine to the ocean. Alexandria has only been there 2 times. Once was at midnight for 1 hour and the other time was in SF. So taking her to the ocean will be fun. And hopefully i can get a whole lot more on pictures.

Still no news on a job. I'm keeping the faith that it will come. But some days are harder to do that than others. Rent due, car payment is past due. Yeah, some days are just harder to do.

Upside is that i got one of my papers back on school. I did manage to pull off an A+!!! I have 1 1/2 years to go for my Teaching degree and that just made my week.

Sorry to keep this short, but its warm in the house and its dinner time. I need to figure out what we are eating!

No comments: