background

Saturday, September 20, 2008

And the packing starts.....

So last night I could not sleep. I really tried. But I was totally unsucessful. So instead of waisting my time, I got up. I made a list of what must go to grandmas. Because it would be really bad if my school books or the kids school stuff is in storage some place. So I made my list. I'm sure I'm forgetting things, but as i find stuff that will come along.

After I finish with my list, i started to sort out our bedroom. We have been here for just under 3 years. We have way more stuff now than we did 3 years ago when we moved in. How does one aquire so much stuff in so short of a time and where in the heak did i put it all!?!?! Anyways, sorting out the bedroom took until 5am. It was not finished at that time but i was.

Slept until 8:45am. Must. get. out. of. bed. Sigh. Had to go pick up Austin at 10am from his scout thing. Then took the kids to grandmas. Talked with her a bit. Then went to the storage place. Got a short story to tell you about that.

So I get there for my 11am appointment. Lady is busy. She said she will call her assistant. Okay by me. I was not in any rush but its okay. So her assistant calls and says he is on his way up there. Well in walk this very good looking guy. Really nice too. I look like crap! Sigh! Anyways, we go in the golf cart and look for storage units for me. Storage 1, too small. Storage 2, leaks. Storage 3, woohoo! Third time is the charm.

All the while we are chatting. He is really nice. So we go back into the office and fill out the paper work. Had to do finger prints. Left and right pointer and right thumb. Cept for me. My right thumb is totally swollen and in pain. So he let me use my left thumb. :) Have my storage reserved, truck reserved (free moving truck, just pay gas!), all set for 9:30 am Oct 1. So final.

Go back to grandmas. Out to lunch again. Sarah Palin is on CNN so I tell the kids to hush and eat quielty as I watch/try to listen. Next out to walmart. Got a few things for grandmas house that she needed. And a few new clothes for the kids. Then back to grandmas. Finished moving things around for the most part. Still have a few things that need to take down and such but that will have to wait until my hand is healed up.

Then we came home. Spent the last few hours packing. I'm packing my scrapbooking stuff. Oh man it kills me to pack it up! and I have 2 med. size u-haul boxes full of them and there is still more. Where did all of this come from? Yeah i know, i bought it. lol

So tonight a bit of clean up. I'm done with the packing for today. Oh Alexandria cleaned out both of her toy boxes and got all that sorted. So that is done. Austin was told that if he does not do his room it wont go to storage. Its only fair that he is nearly 13 years old that he can pack his own stuff. I have the rest of the house to pack.

Luckly for me I shall get some help on Tuesday. Hopefully on Monday i can get the stuff that cannot be packed to grandmas so it does not end up in storage.
More for tomorrow.

No comments: