background

Friday, January 22, 2010

Advice friends give on dating...

Sometimes should just be ignored. But knowing me, I cannot ignore it. I listen and usually take the said advice. With that I went on a date tonight. BAD IDEA! First of all, one main reason I hate dating someone that I have met off a dating site is that people lie. Why? I dont know. Maybe their insecure about themselves, or maybe they think that you wont remember. Well guess what? It does nothing for the person that when you meet, that person finds out you lied.

So back to tonights date... I go meet said guy, he said he was 6 feet tall. I'm 5'5" tall, so should be a decent height taller than me. WRONG, lie number one! He was more like 5'6" if that. Then the picture he has of himself was not that clear, but in person he sure looked a lot different. EEEEWWWW!!!! I barly wanted to shake his hand. The next issue, I could hardly understand anything he would say. I dont know if he was slightly drunk before we met up or if he has a speach issue, but good lord!

I tried to do what a friend advised me to do. Date for fun. No expectations. So that was what tonight was about. I stuck out the whole date, no matter my first reaction. The plan was to grab a drink then watch a movie. Fine with me. He was paying for it. We meet in front of the movie theater in my town. Then walk down the block to a bar. One I had never been in before. May go back there because it was nice and clean. Anyways, we get in and he asked the bartender if they take plastic (note to men out there, if your on a date, carry cash too, because a lot of places dont take plastic and you look like an ASS otherwise). The bartender said no and pointed out the ATM, then came and got my drink order. Come to find out the dude maxed out his limit and had to call his bank to get more money allowed for the day. Finally came and sat down with me and ordered his drink. Then had to tell me all about his ex's. RULE: you DONT talk about your damn ex's on a date!!! Specially on a FIRST date.

At this point I was wishing to have a hole open up or some type of excape to get out of this date. But no, being the girl I am, and wanting to see about following thru on advice, I stick it out and slowly drink my drink, and count down the minutes till we can go watch the movie and there will be no need for conversation.

We went to see Leap Year. < Side note, it was a really good movie, what I heard at least!> We walk in and pick out seats. Sadly I run into 2 mom's I cannot stand, but we all mutually ignored each other. The previews for the out coming movies come on, and there was a few I would love to go see, but he kept making snide remarks about them. So I wisely held my tounge, and those that know me quite well, that was VERY hard to do. The movie comes on and he kept making remarks about this or that. I'm thinking SHUT UP! but I just ignore as much as I can and watch it as much as I can, giving off all body signs that I'm NOT INTERESTED in you!!! Blessedly the movie got over. I use the excuse that my son texted me that he was sick (he's not) and got the hell outta there.

Note to self... NO MORE DATING off the internet. Next note to self.... dating for fun may be fun for some... but I dont think so for me.  One more note to self... Where the hell does one find a good person to date now days!?!?!?!?!?!

xoxo, T

1 comment:

Nicole E said...

Boo...I'm sorry. :( There are a lot of stinkers out there. Sadly, it's so hard to find good people...I know you'll eventually find someone great, though. Come party in Sac with me and I'll find you a man!