background

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lists, Lists, Lists....

I'll admit, I'm a list person. I make lists. They may not be writting down all the time, but they are there. I make them in my head, on my computer, on the mirror in my bedroom, on paper, sticky pads...whatever is in reach. And I make lists about different things. You have your to-do list, your grocery list, bills to pay, plan of attacks for this project or that project. Friends birthdays, phone calls, and choices in men.

Yep, as I said during the first part of the year I'll be touching more on my dating life. Or what there is of it. Because that is a part of me. As is being a mom, student, employee. Many, many hats I wear. And sometimes, the more hats I have, the better I can manage things. So anyways, tonights blog (because its 2am and there for its still night) is about lists...and how it helps/makes/breaks my life.

Every day when I wake up I take my kids to their school. Mentally, I go thru my list of things that need to get done that day. Clean the house, which is a list all on its own, if its raining, pick up the kids from school, call different businesses to make appointments for wine sales, check the newspapers and craigslist for job openings, plan dinner (another list all on its own), check email, call friends, return other calls, play on facebook/myspace, do school work. And every day, I wonder, what can I not do today and put off until tomorrow? Because I do a lot. I am a single mom. So it puts everything on me. My kids have a VERY active life. So lists are made every day, the start of the day and thru out the day.

When I think about making a list of who my friends are vs who my "people I know" are, there is a differance in numbers by much. See I even have a list of who would qualify for the lable of a "friend" in my opinion. Which leads into my list about dating. I do have a list about who I will date. I have a list of how I will date. Which is more of a what I will and will not do.

But when you make up your lists, you have to be willing to compromise on some of the things. The problem I had with my last relationship, I look back now see how much i did compromise and I feel I did too much. I thought that when I was in the relationship, but I still did. When I look at my friends, the close ones and the ones that are just friends, there are things that they do/say that I would not do, but I go along with it because they are my friends. Now those that are closest to me will hear me say if they do something dumb or that I dont think is the best idea. I will tell them. But I do compromise with them as well.

My question is where do you know that you have gone too far on you compromiseing? Where in your list is the "must not cross this line" or you drop dead "must haves"? Everyone has those. You have them in your friendships, your dating/married life, when you are house hunting, job hunting... no matter what the subject is you have your lists.

Why did I just post/write a blog on lists? Not so sure...but there is something here I'll come back to later, that I am sure of. I'll see it then because its not here now.

xoxo, T

No comments: