background

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rock Climbing. Check. Surgery. Check.

And so life moves on. Check.

We went rock climbing on friday night with the scouts. THAT was fun. I am so going to be the adult going again next year! We climbed from 9 pm to 5 am. Made for a long night, but really fun. We drove home at 5:30am Saturday. From there we did sleep for a bit then I got up to take my neice with me to get Alexandria. From there we just went to do some shoping and then came home.

Sunday was filled with church, church meeting, taking aunt to a board and care home. then home to chill for the night.

Monday we were up at 6am to take grandma in for her surgery. While she was being checked in and set up to go, Austin walked acrossed the street to go to school. Then I ran Alexandria up to her school. Came back to the hosptial and went with grandma up to the OR floor. They started to put her under, and had me wait out in the waiting room. Darn hospital is one of the only ones left that does not offer wireless net for those that are waiting. :( so i read 2 books. Okay nearly read 2 books. I did manage to read, "A Case for Christ". pretty good book and i'd reccomend it to everyone. And i'm almost done with my next book. Oh and this weekend i did finish "The Last Lecture" that book is one EVERYONE should read.

So when she was done with surgery, and came out just fine I left for a very short bit to go grab a bite to eat. Then came back to wait forever for her to get a room for the night. Finally that happened about 4pm. Went up to check on her and make sure she was okay. Got her all settled and chatted with her nurse a bit. which i was none too thrilled with the nurses or drs. Went home and dealt with the mess with the care home my aunt was in. Switched her out and made sure she was in a safe place.

FF to today. Got up and dealt more with the situation with my aunt. Then went to the hosptial with the kids. Well got there and she was sleeping. I talked with her old nurse. She said it was okay to bring in the kids. so the kids woke her up a bit. They came in and talked with me and checked her out a bit. then her Dr came in. took off her bandaids and said she could go home after lunch. I was SHOCKED to say the least. They told me on Monday it would be wed before she would be home. So i go to take care of Austin because he had scouting things to do today. then i went and got grandma's van. Got back to the hospital and they had her all but dressed and out the door. So i had got her dressed and then I took her home.

So now we are up to tonight. Got her pain meds. i'm still not sure she should be home. she is not steady on her feet. can only be up for maybe 1 hour max. And she wants to bring my aunt home tomorrow. and i just dont have it in me too keep all this up. plus i will be working this week. Can i go crawl into a hole now and wake up when life is back to my normalness?

xoxo, T

No comments: