background

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter weekend is done

Well here is something good. We had a great weekend. Not like I did not think we wouldn't but I did not think *I* would enjoy it as much as I did.

Saturday started off with dropping off Alexandria at one of her really good friend's birthday party. Then we, Austin, bf and me, went to have lunch and then hit the mall. Spent about hr or so in the book store there. I love books! :) anyways went back and picked up Boo.

From there we drove up to the foothills to go to Daffodil Hill. Well they should have still been open, but they had closed for the season. So from there we just went for a drive up in gold country. Up hwy 49 there is a lookout point. I dont remember the name of the bridge/body of water, but its pretty there. We took a few shots of the flowers, kids playing around, and the water. We ended up driving up there for hours.

Sunday, Easter Sunday, we left about 8am to drive to the coast. Course *I* miss the turn off so we had do go the way *I* did not want to go. I just laugh and say that I had missed the drive the Melanie and I went on last year. So after driving way too long we got to the beach. :sigh: heaven! Took a few shot, hit the beach and more pictures. Walked along the beach and found some tide pools in the rocks. Found a few starfish (thrilled boo to no end). Then we left to continue on to Pigion Point.

I found out where their tide pools are, and will have to go back again (perhaps stay there) and check them out at low tide. Then we went down to the beach there. The kids had a blast playing in the water. I just enjoyed being there. The waves were nice. Not as calm as the last time but not too bad too. Boo loved being in her bathing suit and playing in the water. Austin never really saw me taking pictures till the very end. Here is the link to all the pictures so far.

All and all it was a really great day. Until the next time.....

xoxo, T

No comments: