background

Friday, April 3, 2009

Thoughts on reading....cuz you know i got those!

One of my most favorite things to do is read. I will read anybook at least one time. Most of the time, I will read it over and over again if it good enough and recommend it to others. So in the last few weeks there has been all this rush over "Twilight". Have I read it? Nope. Am I going to? Not likely.

See I look at it this way, I have read Anne Rice. Vampire Queen, in my opinion. And there is nothing else when it comes to that subject that I'm willing to read unless its her work. She is a great author and the stories sing to me. Right now I'm in the current process of re-reading them. I'm on book 3 already "Queen of the Damned" and one of the better books in my opinion. If you have not read them, yes I HIGHLY recommend you do so.

Today I hit up the local used book store. I turned in a bunch of books and they gave me $19.50 store credit. Well I spent that quickly there and 50 cents more! I got 6 books out of the deal though! 3 of them V. C. Andrews, 2 Nora Roberts and 1 Phillipa Gregory. And even though I'm reading my Anne Rice book, I'm so tempted to put it down for my new Phillipa Gregory book. Its one I have YET to read!

My taste in books change all the time. I have to be in a certain mood to read some books. Other times I just need to be bored to pick one up. If I know I have nothing to do the next day or if I really cannot sleep, I can put away 2 books in one night.

Take "The Other Boleyn Girl". That book is 664 pages long. Took me 3 hours to read it. And yes, I could give you a book report on it if you would like. Or any of Sharon Souza's books... Really great author and good friend of mine. You should pick one of them up! Just google her name and you should be able to find her.. :) If not, leave me a comment and I'll hook ya up! lol

So to end this wandering post.. What are you reading right now? Or what is a good book/author you would recommend to me? And if you haven't read in a while... go pick up a book.. go someplace new and explore! And then come back and let me know how it goes!

xoxo, T

No comments: