background

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Break-Up

I had a call tonight from a good friend. She had been going out with the same guy for 2 years. Which seams like a lifetime now days when most relationships last maybe 2 weeks. So she calls me to tell me this happen. Being the good friend that I am (or try to be) I listen to all that she had to say. I do agree with her when she said she had no idea this was coming. They had a good relationship. They had open communication, they were friends. On paper, everything was just as it should be. I honestly thought the call I'd be getting next from her would have been "we are engaged!!!" But alas, that is not to happen. His reason.... he is not ready for a relationship. Really?!?!?! It took 2 years for him to figure this out?!?!? (that was my reaction) We are not getting any younger here people.

After I had got off the phone with her, after listening and giving the comforting words I could, I started to think about my past relationships. Or my "what could have been's". I have done a fair share of breaking up and being broken up with. Its always been so much easier on me to break up with someone, than to be broken up with. But I think that is the same for all the rest of the people out there.

You go thru things, such as break ups and make ups for reasons. There is a lesson to be learned in each. I have been told I havent learned mine yet sense I cannot find the guy of my dreams yet. Haha! Which leads me to the next topic at hand with this subject. Every break up leads to a new make up... as in making up with someone new!

What is my wish list... or more like my must haves because i'm overly picky about a guy i'm dating or thinking about dating. I have my must that have to be met before I will even think about going out. Mostly because I have dated enough guys out there to know what I dont want and I DO NOT have to settle for ANYTHING less.
So my musts are; be taller than me. Not by a whole lot but like 5'7 or taller... that way I can wear my heels and not feel bad. Funny, honest, kind, likes kids (big duh there cuz i'm a solo mom), likes country music, the outdoors as well as the indoors. Has his own life and will let me be in mine, but have time for eachother. I need to feel attracted to that person too. Fit, not overweight. Can manage to keep up with me.

Anyone find this guy, have him contact me. Cuz I have yet to meet him....and i'm not getting out much to do so either! All those that are single out there... take a brutal look at your life. See what you like, look for what you like, dont take ANYTHING less than what you deserve!

xoxo, T

No comments: