background

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Slow week...

a slow week is never good for me. Because it leads to projects and me thinking. I've been doing a lot of thinking about my friends. And how a lot of them are there when its good for them, not when needed/wanted. How some friends can be there thru everything and others come and go as they please. I'm the first type, or at least I'd like to think I am. Sadly, a lot I know are the latter type. And even more sadly, my daughter is finding out this at the age of near 10yo.

This past weekend she was to have a birthday party. Invited friends weeks ahead. Nobody showed up. That hurt here a lot. Not a call or anything. Grant it, the party was nearly 2 weeks before her actual birthday. But that is what would work best for our schedule. So she was very sad with that. But at the same time she was happy because one of my dear friends, came over with her family and made the evening better. Then the next 2 days other friends of mine helped make it better.

There are times in everyones life that show you who is a really good friend and who are just friends. I have had my fair share of those times. And now its starting for her. Hopefully, starting this young, will help toughing up the skin on her...because mine is not tough enough for it not to hurt me.

xoxo, T

No comments: