background

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Freedom Trip

How many figured out that after I posted the last blog about Restlessness that I was packing my stuff to leave that morning to go on my trip to the beach? I know one person did, because I got a text from her that morning asking if she could come along with. Sadly she had other plans that prevented that :( but I did go anyways.

Started off by taking the kids to school and telling them when they get home to call, but if it goes right to VM that they are to call M and let her know too (friend/babysitter). Then I hit the gas station and starbucks! Then the road. I did not know for sure where I was going to end up yet, but a beach on the California Coast was the end point. That is a LOT of choices for sure. So I hit I-5 and headed South. I could have taken 205 to 580 but I felt like dodging traffic so I kept with going south...
I hit HWY 152 exit and I knew a way to get to the Pacific from there so I took off there. I had been on the road for about 1.5 hours at this point and was feeling better as the miles went by. I had managed to call a friend and let her know I would not be by that day because I was on the road outta town. Its amazing how things work when you know your on your way to someplace you enjoy being at. I had the music turned up, and was just cruzing along. I was amazed on how green everything was! Every time I have drove that streach of road before it was mid to late summer and it was always so dry and brown. It was very nice to see the bright green hills and the blue sky.

Amazingly enough I managed NOT to get lost at all!!! Step in the right direction for me for sure. About 20 minutes outside of Gilroy there was this smallish hill you drive up (winding road) and then head back down. Well while heading back down I had to stop because of a mud slide. I look out between the trees and see the ocean. I was so happy to see that sight. There was NO fog, it was SUNNY.

I finish winding my way to the ocean (took about 30 more minutes) and hit the first beach I came to. Which was Moss Landing State Beach. If you have never been... I'll just say I highly reccomend it. But as one of my best friends said, "I dont think you have EVER been to a beach that you DONT highly reccomend to anyone". Sorry, cant help that I love the ocean and the beach. It is just so beautiful. And I love seeing things that are beautiful. And taking pictures of them. Plus the ocean is amazing, it calms me down and gives me the strenght I need to make it thur anything that comes my way. When I feel down, or super stress I head to the ocean because of that. Its magical in that sence for me.

Anyways, I get there and have to climb the sand dunes to get to the actual beach. As soon as I got to the top and I saw and heard the ocean, I gasped! The waves crashing was phonomal! I havent seen such large swells like that in years. I had came ready for cold day and wind, and I was plesently suprised with sun, next to no wind and about 70 degrees.

I spent the day there, never left till I knew I had to. I hiked about 1 mile north of the beach to a peace of drift wood that was somewhat dry and sat there for about an hour just soaking in the sun and the sounds. Taking pictures here and there of different things. Then I decided to head to the rocks (after EVERYONE is telling me to stay away from rocks, yes I headed right to them anyways)... It was a nice little jetty of rocks that people were fishing off of. So sense there was people fishing, I figured it had to be safe right?

After hiking another 3 miles or so to the jetty, I get there. The only sign I saw (and it was nearly gone) said "Rocks slippery when wet". Well Duh! So I was careful, did the testing of each rock before I put full weight on it. None were moving and I was staying sorta to the middle of the jetty. I got a bit too cocky and stopped testing. BAD IDEA. I slipped on a slightly loose rock and my foot managed to find a hole. OUCH! I knew for sure I hurt something, but I would NOT let that stop me from my day. It never fails I will explore something and get hurt, but guess what? Life is about taking risks and chances. I choose to live life to the fullest.

Sense I did actually hurt myself, I choose not to go any futher. I sat there and took a picture of my friend, the hole that hurt my foot.

Then I went on and took pictures of the different things that were near by.

Molly was  a bird (not sure what kind) that came up to me and  posed for pictures, then she was nailed by a wave. (heehee and i missed that shot!)
I made friends with two Otters, Moe and Curly. They came up to me and were poseing for pictures.




Yes, I call them friends because they are nice animals and they need names. Wherever I ever go, I end up finding animals and they get nammed. Happens EVERY place that I go. Can't help it. And besides it makes for a fun story.

While I was busy taking pictures off the boats and such, a wave came up and kissed my backside (not nice! because I did not pack a change of clothes!). I look at that part of the beach/ocean and saw that the tide was coming in and figured it best to head back to where my car is while I still could without getting totally soaked. which sorta worked. The water kept coming up pretty darn close to me and hit me a few times. But I managed to dry off pretty well.


I left the beach after being there for about 4 or 5 hours, sunburnt and totally happy! I was more than happy to stay there longer but my tummy told me it wanted food and I sure did not pack any! I drove up to Santa Cruz thinking to eat there, but not much was open that I wanted to eat. Kind of was sad because for ONCE I was in Santa Cruz, had NO KIDS and could have went on the rides and they were not open. Such a let down. I have never done that before so I would have liked to. Another time.

Sense I did not find anything to eat there, I decided to start heading home. As I drove, I kept an eye out for SOMEPLACE to eat at. Most everything that was open was Seafood and I cannot have that, so I kept on driving. Finally when I hit Gilroy again I found a shopping center that had a lot of choice. I choose not to eat at anyplace we have over in my home town and ended up at Famous Dave's. Oh. My. Gosh!!! That is a place to eat at if you love BBQ!!! I was so spoiled there it was not even funny.

The waitress said because it was my first time there I had to do the sause test. Mind you I'm not overly fond of BBQ sauce... but I did it anyways. Yummy!!!

After that, my food came. I got all of this food for $14!!! Oh and did I mention they carry PEPSI there? That alone gets 4 stars.

After that I got back into the car wondering if I could actually make the drive home. I was in a food coma, so much good food in a very short time. But it was so worth it.

My day of freedom had came, and I feel better for it. I have had a lot of people call me crazy for going alone, but that is okay. I am so use to being alone and to be very honest with you, I enjoy the beach alone. Would it be nice to go with somebody, yes. But i'm totally okay going alone. And I found my joy again. I found my peace. I found my strenght to keep going forward. And that alone was priceless to me.

There has been so many times people have said, with all the trouble I have gone thur, "Why dont you move out of state where its less costly to live?" My answer has always been because  I love California. Which is true. But honestly, I could not ever leave. Because there is no other state that comes close to offering what CA has, and I need my beach and ocean time.

xoxo, T

No comments: